The boat can accommodate a crew of eight, offering two symmetrical aft cabins with double berths (2.00 m by 1.50 m), a master fore cabin (1.90 x 1.40 m) with shower room and two ordinary berths can be made up in the saloon.
With an outstanding level of equipment for a production cruiser/cruiser, the First 40 has won fame for a unique international record of achievements in IRC, as well as ORC. A reference in the forty foot class, this boat does not compromise on safety and yet its level of comfort makes living on board very pleasant.
Naval designer : Farr Yacht Design
Interior designer : Nauta Design
Highlighted with subtle decoration and a set of black stripes on a grey hull background, the bottom is as appealing to the eye as it is sailing. The First 40 ‘Carbon Edition’ is delivered ready to race. In this format she has a carbon mast, lead keel, a black composite steering wheel, and a Raymarine electronics pack adapted to regatta racing.
The unusual design of the interior layout of the First 40 offers maximum habitability. The shape and size of the saloon seats allow 1.95 m long berths. The wood table has two fold-down flaps and two possible positions. It can therefore seat six people in its usual setup
and lowers to free space or extend the berths.
Designed to lead the race, the First 40 supplements its choice of performance with solutions that provide crews with a high level of comfort.
The First 40 users and spinnaker retractable carbon bow sprit making the use of an asymmetric spinnaker much simpler.
Both light and strong, the equipment has been chosen for its high level of performance: carbon mast, rod rigging, fibre adjustable backstay, rigid boom vang, tilting composite steering wheel.
- CE certification: A12/B12/C14
- Raymarine electronics on option, mast foot repeater on bracket.
- Stainless steel tilting central steering wheel.
- Life raft locker in cockpit bottom (width 120 cm x 110 cm x height 50 cm).
- Sail drive engine - 2 blade folding propellers as standard YANMAR Diesel 40 HP
- Double fore cabin, two symmetrical aft cabins with double berths.
- L-shaped galley where you can prop yourself up under sail.
- Heads with shower.
- Saloon: The shape and size of the seats allow conversion into a berth (Length 1.95 m). Height-adjustable multifunctional saloon table (option): - High position for lunch - low position for berth or sail support.
With teams for sea trials, financing, customization, events, an after-sales service, and a network of dealers worldwide, BENETEAU delivers the help and expertise every boat owner needs throughout his boating life maintaining an enduring customer relationship.
Other models in the range
6.4 m / 21'
2.48 m / 8' 2"
7.9 m / 25'11
2.75 m / 24'7
9.81 m / 32'2''
3.23 m / 10'7''
10.85 m / 35' 7"
3.64 m / 11' 11"
14.07 m / 46’2’’
4.2 m / 13’9’’
14.99 m / 49’2’’
4.41 m / 14’6’’